Yes, ladies and gentlemen of the internet. I still exist. I know it has been many moons since I have posted, but rest assured, this is not ghost Jessica. It is real Jessica.
I’ve had lots of random things to talk about that I felt should be crafted into more structured posts, but that is just too stressful. So instead, I offer you a random list of stuff that’s happened.
1. I am an official Massachusetts resident with Massachusetts license plates. Huzzah!
I got pulled over 2 weeks ago for some weird reason that I still don’t entirely understand (pulling over to the right lane a mile before my exit is apparently wrong because what if someone broke down and needed to pull over and I was in the way?? wtf??) and I suspected the real reason was that my exotic Colorado license plates made me look like a troublemaker. So when I had a day off last Friday I got that shiz taken care of finally. The streets are safe again!
2. I had a library program that kids actually came to!!!
Library program 1 had 2 participants. Program 2 had 2 participants. I scheduled my 3rd program, t-shirt decorating, on a half-day of school and did 2 sessions of it and I basically I kept my standards low and was expecting maybe 1 or 2 kids to show up.
To my surprise, this time I had 8 kids total! Yay! And they were all awesome kids who were all very interested in joining my Teen Advisory Board and helping me come up with more programs. It was so much fun! I’m a real librarian guys!
3. Friday night, Jeff and I ventured to Burlington to an author reading with Libba Bray, Holly Black and Sarah Rees Brennan. They were great and Libba Bray’s new book, The Diviners sounds super super awesome.
4. Can we talk about the fact that I go to Target like twice a week? I might have a problem.
5. And um, can we not talk about the fact that next week will be the last episode of Doctor Who with Amy and Rory. Too sad to talk about!
In conclusion, my life lately is basically librarianing, Target shopping, and Doctor Who watching and thus I never know what to write about because it does not seem that exciting.