Remember those 2 job interviews I had last week?
Well….I have been offered both jobs!
And on top of that, Jeff has an interview scheduled for a (very hard to come by) full-time teaching job at a college out of state.
While I’m incredibly excited and proud of both of us, I can’t be fully relieved until I make a decision between the two and we see how Jeff’s interview goes.
And have I mentioned that I am an incredibly indecisive person?
I think I’ve pretty much made my mind up, but it’s tough because the job I think I want more (Job B) pays less than the other one (Job A). But Job B has also been a lot more professional about everything than Job A, and that’s played a huge factor in my decision making.
I’m happy to have one more day at the Children’s Lit Association conference to distract myself, and I’ve been able to talk to all my friends and a couple of my professors about the whole thing at the conference too which has been helpful.
The other issue is that there’s a chance that I could accept a job, and then Jeff may get offered a job (with a possibly sweeter paycheck) 2 weeks later. I might then have to back out and I would hate to do that….
Still, having multiple job offers to choose from is a much better problem then being unemployed so I can’t complain too much, but I will be so happy once a decision is made and we can start planning for a new chapter.